|Satire & Sci-fi| - Douglas Adams' "The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" - Book Review...Kind of.

Image result for hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy book cover


Wow. And I thought the weirdest book I have ever read was “A Wrinkle in Time”

Boy, was I wrong.

This is the one book where I tried (emphasis on the word try) to read and I just had to give up on.

YES, it is really entertaining.

YES, it’s like the people who came up with this where on drugs when they came up with it.

It really is good, but I just couldn’t put my mind into it.

I read more than a quarter of the novel but still read about what happened online just because I wanted to know if there would be any logic thrown into this mess at some point.

I found it amusing how the story starts with Arthur’s house about to be demolished buT THEN the same issue happens but even 1,000,000 times worse when some alien race wants to demolish the PLANET EARTH.

The whole “torture” poetry jam used by the aliens was interesting, but just so… odd

I just don’t know how else to describe it. Everything about this is odd and I just can’t… I can’t.

Just when I thought things couldn’t get weirder, there’s an actual President of the Galaxy that rescues Arthur and Ford from dying in space.

I lost it when they met the “supercomputer”

I actually had to step back and think for a second about what I just read.

You know what? I praise them

I really do.

I don’t know how they came up with such idiosyncratic theory for the meaning of life, but I praise them.

That’s some crazy level of uniqueness and I don’t know how they did it.

As I should’ve expected, the ending is just as weird as everything else.

Now, whether this is purposely illogical or not, it did a good job at getting a reaction out of me.

Maybe the WATCHING this story will be more entertaining? I doubt it will make any more sense, but MAYBE if I watch was is going on rather than visualize this nonsense on my own, MAYBE… I’ll enjoy it slightly more... slightly.

I’m sorry this is such a terrible review.

I’m speechless, I’m telling you.

Speechless!Related image

Comments